HTC Pushing A Small Update To The HTC One M9 Todayby Brandon Chester on June 10, 2015 1:22 AM EST
- Posted in
- HTC One
Barring any unforeseen complications, HTC One M9 users in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa should be receiving an OTA update today which will bring the software to version 1.40.401.5. This update rolled out in Taiwan a couple of weeks ago, and will be sent to North American units later this month. You can find the list of changes for this update below.
- Greater auto-exposure balance to improve overexposure, so images look less washed out
- Reduction of noise and blur in low light, so images are clearer and detail is more apparent
- Reduction of yellow/green hue to photos taken in extreme lighting conditions, so colors appear truer to their actual hue
- Reduced power consumption by YouTube and Facebook, so you can stay on these sites longer or know that your battery will last longer if your site use doesn’t change
- Smart charging thermal improvement, which means your phone will stay cooler when it’s being charged
While this update is still Android Lollipop 5.0.2 instead of Lollipop 5.1, the improvements to battery life and camera processing will definitely be appreciated by users.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
Freaky_Angelus - Thursday, June 11, 2015 - linkSame here, not complaining on getting a newer version though and I doubt it's worth adjusting the article over ;)
J Caldy 94 - Friday, June 12, 2015 - linkThis is a perfect example of a company listening to their customers and using that feedback to fuel update projects like this! HTC, you've done a good job. The M9 still stands as #1 in my books and will continue to if they keep up the good work! Very excited to hear more about this Hero line as well.
Can't wait for the update!